The new Pirate Chain full node wallet is here.
Core Dev Forge has done a lot of work to improve the wallet’s security and to make it lighter and more user-friendly. The most notable changes for users will be:
Brand New Look
The brand new look now has 3 modes to choose from. The standard version, a dark mode and a pirate mode, which is (and we are biased) the most aesthetically pleasing.
Perhaps the biggest change is the addition of a secure memo field. The memo field accepts up to 512 characters. It is a secure form of communication on-chain. It also offers an interface between the wallet and gateway exchanges that require the use of the memo field to transfer funds.
Sweep To Address
As z-z private send technology is very demanding and very taxing on wallets, using more than 4 addresses can cause severe delays with the operation of the wallet. A new function named “sweep to address” addresses this problem by helping to consolidate multiple addresses into one, thus making the wallet, lighter and faster.
Full List Of New Features & Improvements
- Added a memo field to the Send Transaction tab
- Added memo field support to transaction list
- Updated the user interface to show building witness cache
- Moved Receive addresses to the main page
- Updated the splash screen
- Created 3 new display themes (Standard, Dark, Pirate)
- Created a dropdown menu item to easily select the theme of choice
- Added import and export key functions to the graphical user interface (GUI)
- Added a 64-bit Linux ARM build
- Changed app name from Pirate Ocean to Cufărul cu Comori
- Introduced a new function named “sweep to address” which helps consolidate multiple addresses
- Updated default consolidation fee to 0.0001
If you are migrating from an older wallet, before you install the new Treasure Chest files please do the following:
- Navigate to the following directory (depending on your Operating System):
Mac: ~/Library/Application\ Support/Komodo/PIRATE/
- Delete the “blocks” and “chainstate” files
- Watch the video below for a step by step guide
For Advanced Users
Alternative to the above, you can add the line -bootstrap=1 in the pirate.conf file to achieve the same result.