The new Pirate Chain full node wallet is here.
Core Dev Forge has done a lot of work to improve the wallet’s security and to make it lighter and more user-friendly. The most notable changes for users will be:
Brand New Look
The brand new look now has 3 modes to choose from. The standard version, a dark mode and a pirate mode, which is (and we are biased) the most aesthetically pleasing.
Perhaps the biggest change is the addition of a secure memo field. The memo field accepts up to 512 characters. It is a secure form of communication on-chain. It also offers an interface between the wallet and gateway exchanges that require the use of the memo field to transfer funds.
Sweep To Address
As z-z private send technology is very demanding and very taxing on wallets, using more than 4 addresses can cause severe delays with the operation of the wallet. A new function named “sweep to address” addresses this problem by helping to consolidate multiple addresses into one, thus making the wallet, lighter and faster.
Full List Of New Features & Improvements
- Added a memo field to the Send Transaction tab
- Added memo field support to transaction list
- Updated the user interface to show building witness cache
- Moved Receive addresses to the main page
- Updated the splash screen
- Created 3 new display themes (Standard, Dark, Pirate)
- Created a dropdown menu item to easily select the theme of choice
- Added import and export key functions to the graphical user interface (GUI)
- Added a 64-bit Linux ARM build
- Changed app name from Pirate Ocean to Treasure Chest
- Introduced a new function named “sweep to address” which helps consolidate multiple addresses
- Updated default consolidation fee to 0.0001
If you are migrating from an older wallet, before you install the new Treasure Chest files please do the following:
- Navigate to the following directory (depending on your Operating System):
Mac: ~/Library/Application\ Support/Komodo/PIRATE/
- Delete the “blocks” and “chainstate” files
- Watch the video below for a step by step guide
For Advanced Users
Alternative to the above, you can add the line -bootstrap=1 in the pirate.conf file to achieve the same result.
How and where can I convert or buy piratechain with U S dollars?
If I want to change/update the wallet, you say i have to “delete the BLOCKS and CHAINSTATE files” before.
Shall I delete both folders, or just the files in each folder, so that the empty folder remains?
My computer crapped out with 800 coins can i recover them? they were on the tresure chest full node 2.1 or 2.2
CANT GET BOOT STRAP TO DOWNLOAD FAILED EVERY TIME. NEED TO REINSTALL MY WALLET 5.1. HOW?
After installation of the full mode pirate chain version 22.214.171.124, I can’t seem to start my iMac wallet normally.
After loading guts, then checking blk files – message pops “rewinding blocks if needed…” is this ok should I run the course?
Please help ?